Sunday, September 29, 2013

Empty Expressions - Copywriting for Business, Online and Social Media


Here are a few more examples of meaningless phrases seen all too often online.

‘A reputation for quality.’ This makes me curious as to where this reputation of yours originates from and what you did to earn it.

‘We stand behind our product and/or service.’ I know what this is supposed to mean, but it always makes me think that the person is standing behind the counter and refusing to come out and serve me or answer my questions.

‘We will beat any other offer.’ Really? You will beat any deal I have been offered, no matter how ridiculous it is or how low the price is? This is one promise that any company has difficulty keeping.

‘We pride ourselves on our attention to detail’. This might mean that they will check over the small print in any contract you sign with them, but it remains unclear as to how they might deal with other aspects of the transaction.

You need to banish the fluff of meaningless phrases and a good copywriter will ensure that your web pages are free of things like this.

I have extensive experience in writing for a wide range of industries and markets. Contact me directly for details of rates and fees regarding copywriting services.


No comments: